Position: Sales Engineer
Classification: At Will
Reports to: Director of Sales & Marketing
The Sales Engineer will be responsible for interfacing with customers (current and potential) in an effort to achieve revenue growth and customer acquisition objectives set forth by the company. The Sales Engineer will review customer specifications, assist in determining and understanding client equipment needs, generate quotes, and engage in follow-up conversations with the customer regarding open opportunities. Members of the Sales & Marketing team will work periodically with the Engineering department to ensure that quotations being supplied to customers meet the requirements set forth in the customer-supplied specification. The Sales Engineer will work closely with the Director of Sales & Marketing to ensure proper and accurate coverage of specific customer accounts.
- Review customer specifications and generate quotations based on engineering and product knowledge.
- Work with customers to understand and assess equipment needs, making recommendations as needed.
- Provide excellent sales and engineering service, including technical support, as needed.
- Engage in follow-up conversations with customers and potential customers to convert open opportunities into sales orders.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Purchasing department to ensure that pricing structures are appropriate.
- Maintain accurate records in customer relationship management software.
- Collaborate with other members of the Sales & Marketing team, as well as external sales representatives to establish additional avenues for acquiring new customers and plans for meeting order intake goals.
- Flexible work hours adapting to critical timelines for securing business.
- Attend daily/weekly internal sales meetings.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Technical Capacity.
- Accountable to Objectives.
- Organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Customer Relationship Management software experience.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Position Type & Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. However, depending on workload there may be occasional longer days and occasional weekends if need be.
This position does not require travel.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 5 years minimum sales and customer service experience
- Technical and analytical aptitude
Required Education & Experience
- BSEE Power Systems emphasis
- Transformer design experience
- Project Management Certification
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Prefer you to be authorized to work lawfully in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Submit a resume detailing your experience
- Submit a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit to join our team