Position: Quality Engineer
Classification: At Will
Reports to: Quality Manager
The Quality Engineer assists the Quality Manager in maintaining the overall quality management process to ensure perfection in customer satisfaction and the highest-grade quality product. The Quality Engineer will assist in Quality Training of the entire Business. The Quality Engineer will help with the testing of transformers and improve the results of our Lean Manufacturing efforts.
1. Assist the Quality Manager in conducting final quality checks of all products prior to shipment.
2. Assist the Quality Manager in creating monthly (or more often, if needed) training presentations for the entire Business.
3. Provide process improvement know-how, methods, and conceptual expertise to Teams.
4. Assist in testing of transformers.
5. Investigate and troubleshoot all Business issues.
6. Work with Department Managers to ensure front-end processes are continuously fine-tuned to prevent issues from getting to the Production Floor.
7. Work with Quality Manager to create a training program for Final Finish Team regarding Wiring of components, as well as Functional Testing of components.
8. Develop corrective actions, solutions, and improvements, along with corresponding documentation.
9. Oversee proper execution of Change Order processes.
10. Lead cross-functional teams to define improvement opportunities.
11. Take ownership over maintenance of quality documentation updates includes SOPs, Quality Alerts, etc.
12. Ensure that workflows, processes, and procedures comply with ISO 9001 Quality Manual.
13. Ensure products comply with customer requirements.
14. Implementing Lean Manufacturing improvements throughout the Factory.
15. Ensure that engineering changes are properly implemented.
16. Collaborate in the creation of Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEAs).
17. Lead root cause analysis to eliminate internal issues.
18. Ensure containment activities are performed when a non-conformance is discovered to mitigate repeat issues.
19. Coordinate error-proof processes to improve control levels.
20. Reduce non-conformances/errors found in production.
21. Oversee established calibration program.
22. Assist in performing internal ISO 9001 audits.
1. Communication Proficiency.
2. Customer/Client Focus.
3. Technical Capacity—the individual must learn all Testing Procedures and Processes and be able to serve in a short-term role as a Test Engineer.
5. Problem Solving/Analysis.
7. Strategic Thinking.
8. Ownership of Job Functions.
9. Accountable to Objectives.
10. Organizational Skills.
Position Type & Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM. However, depending on workload there may be occasional longer days and occasional weekends if need be.
This position does not require travel.
Required Education & Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree related field (Quality, Industrial, or Electrical Engineering)
2. 5+ years experience in quality engineering, quality assurance, or similar
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Prefer you to be authorized to work lawfully in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.