A member of the technical staff, the Electrical Design Engineer is responsible for the design of new transformers up to full production. This includes specification reviews, development of program timelines and reports, design reviews, mechanical designs, customer submittal packages, pre-production builds and transfers to production. The Electrical Design Engineer is also responsible for technical support of in-production transformers throughout the manufacturing process.
1. Perform various engineering tasks involving design, development, preparation of electrical and mechanical drawings, technical support, and assistance in testing.
2. Design liquid-filled distribution-type transformers through electrical and mechanical interpretation of purchase specifications.
3. Perform optimized calculations and computations to plan and implement specific transformer design procedures.
4. Interact with customers to resolve technical issues.
5. Assist Sales & Marketing Team with transformer designs for quoting purposes.
6. Coordinate any necessary design revisions with Production.
7. Participate in project teams and all activities related to the development of new products.
1. Technical Capacity.
2. Problem Solving/Analysis.
3. Communication Proficiency.
4. Accountable to Objectives.
5. Customer/Client Focus.
6. Organizational Skills.
8. Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
2. 0-5 years’ experience in Design/Engineering.
3. Microsoft Office proficiency.
4. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Knowledge of Solid works/CAD 3D/2D modeling experience.
2. Strong academic background in Electrical Engineering (Power & Electromagnetics).
3. Strong mechanical aptitude.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex,
age, national origin, or disability.
Please note– this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Submit resume detailing your experience.
• Submit a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit to join our Team.