Position: Supply Chain Management Specialist
Classification: At Will
Reports to: Supply Chain Manager
The Supply Chain Management Specialist is responsible for purchasing materials required for the timely manufacture of transformers, as well as working with Supply Chain Manager to secure favorable vendor terms, prices, and schedules for delivery using knowledge of budget and schedule requirements.
- Reviews Bill of Materials (BOM) from Engineering and MRP/services requirements.
- Reviews planned orders to ensure Purchase Orders are created prior to the commitment and approval process, transmitting approved purchase orders with appropriate supporting documents or drawings to suppliers.
- Tracks acknowledgment by the supplier, confirming system lead time, delivery date, and cost tracking with designated supplier delivery date and communicating to internal customers any shortage, backlog reporting to provide visibility of any potential interruption.
- Reviews, updates, and maintains open Purchase Orders until closed.
- Updates Purchase Order promise dates from suppliers, follows up on ship dates on a daily basis, and manages PO schedule changes/reacts to ERP exception messages in a timely manner.
- Monitors & takes action regarding aging Purchase Requisitions, creates Purchase Orders and Request for Quotations (RFQ).
- Achieves the best cost for material with outstanding quality and within customer Need-By date.
- Owns procurement/fulfillment KPIs (On-time PO placement, On-time Delivery, Supplier Promise Date / PO Promise Date accuracy, Adherence to Supplier Contracts / Pricing, invoice resolution, etc.).
- Partners with the Supplier Chain Manager and Quality Manager to negotiate on vendor recovery associated with liquidated damages due to delivery & quality issues.
- Partners with engineering & coordinates with suppliers on design change implementation.
- Develops knowledge of supplier manufacturing processes, material, commodity pricing, and excellent focus on quality.
- Acts as the first line of contact and establishes a strategic relationship with suppliers.
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication Proficiency
- Strong Negotiation Skills
- Technical Capacity
- Time Management
- Business Acumen
- Decision Making
- Ownership of Projects
- Accountable to Objectives
- Organizational Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Position Type & Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. However, depending on workload there may be occasional longer days and occasional weekends if need be.
This position does not require travel.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 2 years purchasing experience in Electrical and Metal-Mechanic environments.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Prefer you to be authorized to work lawfully in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.