Position: Supply Chain Management Specialist
Classification: At Will
Reports to: Supply Chain Manager
The SCM Clerk/Buyer is responsible for providing administrative support to assist in the coordination of materials and related communication within departments.
1. Requesting Quotes for materials/services.
2. Issuing Purchase Orders for materials.
3. Coordinate with Production Facility/Warehouse on daily schedules and needs.
4. Follow Up with Vendors regarding prompt shipment of ordered materials.
5. Create/Issue Part Numbers for new items.
6. Follow Up with Quality Department on Quality Issues with Suppliers.
1. Ethical Conduct.
2. Organizational Skills.
4. Communication Proficiency.
7. Time Management.
8. Business Acumen.
9. Ownership of Projects.
10. Accountable to Objectives.
12. Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
13. Ability to learn MRP software systems with ease.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Position Type & Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. However, depending on workload there may be occasional longer days and occasional weekends if need be.
This position does not require travel.
Required Education & Experience
1. High school diploma required; Associates degree preferred.
2. Purchasing experience preferred.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Prefer you to be authorized to work lawfully in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.